SELLING YOUR BUSINESS
We curate matches between sustainable,
profitable businesses and motivated, qualified buyers.
We do everything in our power to assess your business for a fair valuation, market your business to find the right buyer and simplify the change of ownership — freeing you up to live your life and enjoy the fruits (cash) of your labor.
WE VALUE YOUR TIME
You are already busy running a profitable business. You don’t have time to waste on vetting buyers and tire-kickers. And you can’t afford for word to slowly spread that you are selling your business.
Our advanced use of technology means you spend more time on your business, we spend more time facilitating a win-win business deal and everyone spends less time stuck in tedious
and repetitive tasks.
Selling a business is a lot of work. We navigate every step, working for you behind the scenes while you keep your hands on the wheel and continue “business as usual” as far as the outside world can see.
A typical seller transaction includes at least the following steps:
Initial conversation that includes a free, confidential strategic-exit consultation
Comprehensive business review and valuation
Internal marketing launch to VIP buyer list
Listing presentation with price target and marketing strategy outline
External marketing launch across digital and conventional channels
Pre-launch (business packaging and confidential presentation creation)
Buyer pre-screenings and NDAs (selecting from hundreds of candidates)
Confidential business reviews by top buyer matches
Tour business and introduce buyer and seller
Negotiation, offers, and letter-of-intent signing
Receive escrow deposit
Deal structuring and financing terms
Due diligence assistance/oversight
Financial underwriting, packaging, and bank commitments
Drafting of purchase contracts by legal counsel
Final buyer items including entity creations, business planning, and state registrations
Finalize new leases, lease assignments, and real estate contracts
Closing checklists, final inventory, etc.
Transition assistance including press releases, company announcements, etc.
Your Next Chapter
Whether you’ve spent a lifetime building a single business or you are a serial entrepreneur, Stage2Buy can ease your transition to a life of leisure, or new challenges — the choice is yours.
Just be warned, we don’t sugarcoat anything, not our
valuations, not your bottom line, not growth projections, employees, or troubled history. Transparency and Integrity is the name of the game, and we are playing for the long haul. We are here to make the process smooth and easy.
Who Shouldn't Sell a Business With Us
To be clear, we’re not the best fit for everyone. Here are the most common reasons we decline to represent some business owners.
If any of these apply to you, you’re probably not the right fit for our representation:
1. Business is too small for us. If your business is doing less than $400,000 in annual revenue. Less than $400,000 is usually too small to attract buyers or be bankable. We would refer you to a DIY strategy or a brokerage that does smaller transactions.
2. Business is too big for us. If your business is doing more than $25,000,000 in annual revenue, we will be happy to talk to you but may end up referring you to one of the boutique M&A firms we trust that is better equipped for that size of transaction in the middle- market space.
3. Business is losing money. Our buyers want profitable businesses and we specialize in cash flow based pricing support. We are not the right firm for liquidations, auctions, or distressed situations.
4. Business is too new. We prefer three or more full years of financials as that’s what most lenders need to feel comfortable. But one full year in business is an absolute minimum.
5. Business Owner wants to get paid for “potential”. Our buyers love businesses to have a big upside potential and we love sharing the story and vision, but we have to price the business based on the present. If you want to get paid based on what it “could be, with the right owner”, instead of receiving a fair price based on historical earnings, we are probably not the right firm for you. Buyers will buy the future (they are an optimistic
bunch, just like you!), but they’ll only pay the price of the
A Final Note & An Invitation
With everything you have seen, hopefully you know now that here at Staged2Buy, we are devoted to curating matches between established, profitable businesses and qualified, buyers. If you're looking to sell a business, we'd love to help!
We are friendly and down-to-earth, running a professional brokerage, but nothing about our listing process is casual, or flippant. We have created a “business-selling machine” to quickly deliver the drama-free result you deserve.
If you’re ready to sell your business and unlock the future you’ve dreamed about, we’d like to talk with you and make that possible.